|Rebecca Riley RN, RSCN, DN Cert, MA Hons 2 Coach House, Main Street, Ravenstone, Leicestershire LE67 2AS Telephone: 01530 833461 Mobile: 0780 3043485 Email: email@example.com|
An experienced Senior Nurse, Operational Manager and Director/ Lead officer, with over ten years’ experience providing board level strategic, managerial and professional leadership, within NHS acute, primary care & third sector services. An energetic innovator and visionary with strong leadership skills, who has developed a set of operational competencies through work in a variety of settings and roles. Experience includes leadership development; organisation & board development; quality management; business and strategic planning; project management; publication & presentation; coaching and general consultancy support.
February 2008- present Managing Director- Rebecca Riley & Associates Ltd.
Bespoke consultancy/ coaching company to support people, organisation and board development in small businesses, charitable & public sector organisations. Key achievements:
- National & East Midlands Leadership Academy (EMLA) delivering Leadership programmes in primary care for GPs and practice teams. Top Leaders Panel for General Managers Programme. DiSC tool facilitation
- Primary care leadership development: Working with Modality a super-partnership.
- Clinical Associate- Gold Standards Framework (GSF) delivering evidence-based end of life training programmes, coaching & accreditation support in hospitals, care homes & primary care settings (2016 to present).
- Specialist Advisor (SpA) Care Quality Commission (CQC) supporting regulatory visits in adult, children’s, community, voluntary & social care services (2014 to present)Conference presentations & workshops e.g. Delivery of main hall session for Brain Tumour Charity Conference on ‘Advance Care Planning’ (2018), Led workshop for Gold Standards Network Conference on Leadership (Sept 2019)
- Project management, supporting change initiatives across health, local authority and third sector services e.g. Leadership & change management development work across Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Trust (DCHS 2019)
- Facilitation & Support for educational events, conferences, workshops & programmes. Promoting use of reflective practice, Action Learning Sets (ALS) & coaching approaches. e.g. Nottingham West Primary Care Network Event
- Person Centred Practitioner and trainer
- Research Evaluation of Person-Centred Guidelines (with University of Birmingham 2018/19)
- Regulation 44 Independent Visitor (OFSTED) to specialist children’s home for young people with Learning Disabilities and mental health challenges (2014- present)
- Individual and team coaching with service providers and service users across all sectors.
2003- 2008 Hospice Director/ Lead Officer- Rainbows Children’s Hospice, Loughborough. Registered Manager & Registered Provider. Key achievements:
- Change management: Led extensive change programme resulting in successful Healthcare Commission compliance. Launched a capital appeal and led work to extend hospice buildings.
- Strategic planning and support: Developed and implemented hospice business plans and strategic plans resulting in Investors in People (IIP) award; excellent recruitment & retention; introduction of successful capital appeal; increased income & financial security; introduction of health & safety programme achieving Gold Award with Royal Association for the Protection of Accidents (ROSPA).
- Organisational and clinical leadership: Developed partnerships with Local Authorities and trusts, resulting in joint training & appointments e.g. Nurse Consultant & youth worker. Led commissioning with statutory services successfully negotiating contracts & gaining more regular income.
- Local and national work: Supported the Children’s hospice movement, demonstrating commitment to local, regional and national initiatives to improve palliative care e.g. involvement in national review of children’s palliative care.
1996- 2003 Nurse Advisor, Leicestershire and Rutland Healthcare Trust/ Leicester City PCT.
Responsible for providing board level nursing advice & professional leadership, for primary care nursing & specialist children’s services. Key achievements include:
Established Discharge Liaison Team in University Hospitals of Leicester to reduce bed blockages, saving use of 434 acute bed days during initial 3 month period. Member of Audit Committee, led and published two audits on homelessness and breastfeeding.
1995-96 Senior Nurse Manager – Children’s Oncology Services (acute & community) Children’s Hospital, Leicester Royal Infirmary NHS Trust. (6 month Secondment).
1995 Acting Quality Consultant, Leicester Royal Infirmary NHS Trust (6 month secondment).
1993-95 Quality Facilitator Children’s Hospital, Leicester Royal Infirmary NHS Trust.
1990-93 Paediatric Cystic Fibrosis Sister, City Hospital, Nottingham.
1988-90 Paediatric Nephro-Urology Nurse (F Grade), Leicester Royal Infirmary.
1986-87 Primary Nurse, Vascular Surgery, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford.
Registered Nurse (RGN), Registered Sick Children’s Nurse (RSCN), District Nurse (DN)
MA Hons: Applied Health Studies (Demontfort University, Leicester.)
Professional Life and Business Coach- Post Graduate Certificate in Life and Business Coaching (University of Chester)
City and Guilds 7307/7 Adult teaching qualification
Member of the Royal College of Nursing (RSCN)
Full drivers licence.
Indemnity insurance: Business consultancy work and coaching are covered with a full indemnity insurance provided by Hiscox.