|Rebecca Riley RN, RSCN, DN Cert, MA Hons 2 Coach House, Main Street, Ravenstone, Leicestershire LE67 2AS Telephone: 01530 833461 Mobile: 0780 3043485 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
An experienced Senior Nurse, Operational Manager and Director/ Lead officer, with over ten years’ experience providing board level strategic, managerial and professional leadership, within NHS acute, primary care & third sector services. An energetic visionary & innovator with strong leadership skills, who has developed a set of operational competencies through work in a variety of settings/ roles. Experience includes service review, people, organisation & board development, quality management and audit, business and strategic planning, commissioning (including World Class Commissioning), knowledge & information share, project management, publication & presentation coaching and consultancy support and business management.
February 2008- present Managing Director- Rebecca Riley and Associates Ltd.
Established a bespoke consultancy/ coaching company to support people, organisation and board development in small businesses and charitable/ public sector organisations. Key achievements:
- 18 months working with NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement developing and testing products to support World Class Commissioning including a Change Readiness (Organisation Development) Tool and a river diagram web resource to promote information and knowledge share between primary care trusts.
- 12 months working for ACT (Association for Children’s Palliative Care) delivering palliatives care training and working as a Regional Transition Coordinator (East Midlands) facilitating use of the ACT Transition Care Pathway to promote robust transition practices for disabled/ life limited children as they move on to adult services.
- Associate and validated business coach for NHS Flexible Resourcing/ Solace Enterprises.
- Over 2 year’s business coaching experience within a wide range of workplace settings including statutory services.
2003- 2008 Hospice Director/ Lead Officer- Rainbows Children’s Hospice, Loughborough
Lead Officer, Registered Manager & Registered Provider. Responsible for £3 million budget, 85 staff/ 60 volunteers. Key achievements:
- Change management: Led extensive change programme resulting in successful Healthcare Commission reporting and inspection, taking the hospice from 57% to full compliance with Independent Care Standards (DOH 2002) and maintained whilst in post. Launched a capital appeal and led work to extend hospice buildings.
- Strategic planning and support: Developed and implemented hospice business plans and strategic plans. Outcomes included validation by Investors in People (IIP); an excellent recruitment and retention record; introduction of a successful capital appeal; increased income and financial security and introduction of health & safety programme achieving Gold Award, Royal Association for the Protection of Accidents (ROSPA).
- Organisational and clinical leadership: Developed partnerships with Local Authorities (LAs) and PCT’s, resulting in joint training and appointments including a Nurse Consultant and youth worker. Led commissioning with statutory services (PCT’s) and Local Authorities across the region, successfully negotiating contracts & regular income.
- Local and national work: Supported the Children’s hospice movement, demonstrating commitment to local, regional and national initiatives to improve palliative care. Involved in national review of children’s palliative care led by Sue Killen and Sir Alan Craft and local end of life and children’s reviews (Darzi).
1996- 2003 Nurse Advisor, Leicestershire and Rutland Healthcare Trust/ Leicester City PCT.
Board level nursing advice and professional leadership, for primary care nursing and specialist children’s services. Key achievements:
Established Discharge Liaison Team in University Hospitals of Leicester to reduce bed blockages, saving use of 434 acute bed days during initial 3 month period. Audit Committee member, led and published two audit projects.
1995-96 Senior Nurse Manager – Children’s Oncology Services (acute and community) Children’s Hospital, Leicester Royal Infirmary NHS Trust. (6 month Secondment).
1995 Acting Quality Consultant, Leicester Royal Infirmary NHS Trust (6 month secondment).
1993-95 Quality Facilitator Children’s Hospital, Leicester Royal Infirmary NHS Trust.
1990-93 Paediatric Cystic Fibrosis Sister, City Hospital, Nottingham.
1988-90 Paediatric Nephro-Urology Nurse (F Grade), Leicester Royal Infirmary.
1986-87 Primary Nurse, Vascular Surgery, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford.
Registered Nurse (RGN), Registered Sick Children’s Nurse (RSCN), District Nurse
MA Hons: Applied Health Studies
Professional Life and Business Coach (working towards Masters level Post Graduate Certificate in Life and Business Coaching)
City and Guilds 7307/7 Adult teaching qualification
Member of the Royal College of Nursing (RSCN)
Full drivers licence.
Indemnity insurance: Business consultancy work and coaching are covered with a full indemnity insurance provided by Hiscox.